One of the toughest decisions to make when you are busy with interior decorating is choosing the right curtain for your home. Everything from color to fabric type needs to be considered especially if you plan on using your curtains for many years to come.
Different types of curtain fabrics
Cotton fabric – There are different types of cotton fabrics and this is one of the most commonly used fabrics in curtaining especially if you are looking for a printed look. Cotton can be used in clothing, quilting, and crafts.
Polyester fabric – Polyester is available in different textiles like organza, gabardine, taffeta, and more. They are usually uniform in color and the different textiles mostly have to do with the thickness.
Hessian fabric – This type of fabric is characterized for its thick horizontal and vertical fibers and is most commonly used in vintage or rustic setups.
Acrylic fabric – These fabrics are made of polymer and must contain at least 85% acrylonitrile. The fabrics are warmer and rougher in texture.
Silk fabric – Smooth and silky fabric is also polyester of nature and is mostly known for the shiny appeal.
Sheer fabric – These fabrics are soft and thin. Organza, voile, chiffon, and dimity all fall under sheer fabric categories.
Why velvets are your best option?
Of course, all curtain fabrics do have some advantages but out of all the fabrics velvets are a superb choice because of the following reasons;
- The soft and snuggly texture of velvet curtains gives your home a feel and look of luxury, elegance, and style.
- If you want a timeless look then velvets are the perfect home décor choice because this is the one fabric that hasn’t gone out of fashion in years and will still be high in demand for many years to come.
- Velvet fabrics can be incredibly durable and the vibrant coloring of this type of fabric often lasts a lot longer than other curtain fabrics like cotton.
- Velvet blends perfectly with different décor styles and most velvet curtain colors work well with just about any home trend.
- They give your home an aesthetic value and greatly accents antiques and artworks. Velvet curtains are especially suitable in homes of art collectors, antique lovers, and those that have a passion for books.
- Velvets are the best winter curtain because of their conductive attribute and their warm and snuggly feel. The thick fibers insulate rooms from cold temperatures and keep the cold from seeping in through glass paneling or windows.
- These curtains are sometimes considered a much healthier alternative for home use because the dense microfibers prevent dust and microscopic organisms from passing through the curtains. The result is a much cleaner and healthier home environment.
It is clear that there is no way you can make a mistake when you invest in the velvet range from Lushes Curtains. With all of these terrific benefits, your home will definitely get a tremendous improvement by simply switching to the right curtain solution.