Often one notices that fashion and styles of earlier time periods and generations do come back around with a little bit of tweaking in relation to the modern trends. The entire pattern of emerging trends has been recurrent. Designs develop in and around the former ones and soon enough the ‘latest’ changes to the ‘regular’ and new styles are raised thereon. Though there are ‘classics’ that remain timeless and unchanged.
There are various reasons why even today people don’t mind and are eager to setup an old school, retro-based décor theme in their home interiors. The bedroom is the most commonly chosen space in the house for devising a retro themed guise. Having an antique appearance for your bedroom in no ways means that your room interiors cannot be updated with the latest technology. While it is contradictory to the style, the modern equipment’s and installations will be pet it in comparison to the entire ‘old styled’bedroom décor, which will dominate your space.
The feeling of a traditional and classic bedroom interior is one that is sure to charm you. It can be tracked right back to your family’s matriarch. Vintage style is pleasantly cozy, attractively old-fashioned, and at times cheerfully upbeat. Though vintage bedroom seems heavy to look at, it is yet pleasing. Ideally to master the art of achieving the retro look at your home today, it should primarily be non busy to maintain a peaceful and harmonious environment. Also the retro theme never seems to die. It will always give you the same feels and thrills as you enter the designed space.
Some ideas for styling and creating a ‘retro’ look for your bedroom décor are as follows:
- Identify a muse: Draw inspiration from a specific time period while devising a decorated retro theme for your room space. Fixing on a time frame, era will help you pick items best suitable for your interior décor. Be it right from the wallpapers, quilt, type of flooring to furniture and other accessories.
- Opt for handicrafts: When one imagines a vintage bedroom they often think of it as usually decorated with the handcrafted items. The three R’s: Reuse, Recycle and Renew are the terms that repeatedly comes up when one talks about a retro styled home décor. Purchase your picks from flea markets and exhibitions that promote the craft sector and also put you in direct contact with the vendor. They are decorated pieces worth claiming.
- Go antique: It goes without saying that for a retro-based theme for bedroom décor, a few or rather a lot of the pieces have to be antique looking. It is not necessary for one to buy the most expensive piece; the look basically has to reveal it all.Pick items like an antique clock, Dressing table, lights, crystal knobs, decorative furnishing fittings etc.
- Textures and patterns: Keep your preferred palette on board. With the beautiful motifs and the rusted look finish, add the right color to make it all blend together. Go for pastel shades to enhance the grandness of the room or stick by the wooden look, which is not very difficult to create and an evergreen look for a vintage styled room.
- Pick the right material: Choose the apt material for all the things that you purchase for your bedroom. A material in general speaks a lot about the style. That’s what we see as a visual in the first place. On the basis of your selected muse, Pick the material that is the best suitable for your interior décor. Choose whether you want a wooden furniture set or would you also look for some metal-based furniture items.
- Carves and curves:olden designs and styles were often associated to the words like detailed, intricate and free flowing and organic. Yes these features in real do make a lot of difference in determining the look for a particular space. Looking at the curves and carves in the furnishings and the wall, maybe, one is sure to associate it to the architecture of previous eras. Curves and carves have a direct relationship with the retro based theme for your bedroom décor. It is a must have element, for you room décor.
Akshay works as an Interior Designer with Lalco Interiors and he is in love with his job. Thinking up interesting home décor ideas and helping clients implement them is what makes him tick. You can catch up with Akshay and his team and indulge in one of their beautiful home décor pieces for your home at Lalco Interior’s Home Decor Stores In Bangalore